Learn how to program in today’s hottest object-oriented languages!
CIE's online Computer Programming with Java and C# is a distance education course that was designed to provide an individual having little or no computer background with the knowledge to join the exploding field of computer programming!
Students graduate with the ability to understand, analyze and program various computer applications used in the business, manufacturing and service industries.
In addition, you will be able to develop and build web pages for personal or professional use, learn how to install and run applications and perform basic system management on your PC.
This program was created specifically for the distance education student. Experience a step-by-step method of learning that allows you to complete each lesson at your own pace when it's convenient for you!
Labs and instructor support are included with tuition. Everything you need to graduate is sent to your home and you can take your exams online.
Once you finish all 48 lessons you’ll have earned a nationally accredited Diploma in Computer Programming and the confidence necessary to start a new career.
What You Will Learn
- Section 1: Introduction to Computers
- Section 2: Operating Systems
- Section 3: Creating a Multimedia Web Page
- Section 4: Introduction to Java Programming
- Section 5: C# Programming
Our highly trained instructors are only a phone call away (or e-mail) from providing you with reassuring assisance whenever you need it. They will work directly with you one-on-one to answer your questions and provide you with technical assistance when needed - even if it's on a Saturday!
Earn an Accredited Diploma
Students graduate with a Nationally Accredited Diploma in Computer Programming. Earn 15 credit hours towards the CIE's Computer Associate Degree program.
Open Enrollment Policy
CIE has an open enrollment policy so you can start this program at anytime.
One of the advantages of enrolling with CIE is that you can study at your own pace. Some students go through the program slowly, others at an accelerated level so we can accommodate almost any arrangement that suits you best.
- 48 lessons
- Completion Time Allowed: 12 Months
Hardware, Software and Internet Requirements:
Windows, Microsoft Internet Explorer and connection to the Internet.
Special Offer to New Students - ends May 31st!
on-line for only $10 down & save 35% off standard tuition! Tuition is $1,284.
Finance your tuition with low monthly payments of $50.
Education Benefits Available for Military Personnel and Veterans
Build on your military training with an Accredited Diploma from CIE!
CIE is approved for the training of veterans and eligible military service personal for educational benefits under the G.I. Bill, the Post 9/11 GI Bill and military tuition assistance under the DANTES program for service members on active duty in the Armed Forces.
Funds are also available for eligible military spouses under the military Spouse Career Advancement Initiative.
Call a CIE Guidance Counselor at (800) 243-6446 or email CIE to see how easy it is to put your Military Education Benefits to work for you today!
Student Textbook Responsibilities
Students are responsible for purchasing a limited number of textbooks for this course that are not included in tuition.
Please call a Guidance Counselor at (800) 243-6446 if you have any questions.
Textbook Buyback Program
Some lesson modules in this course include textbooks that would qualify for our Textbook Buyback Program.
CIE’s Textbook Buyback Program enables you to sell your textbooks back to CIE for tuition credit once you are finished with your learning module. They must be in a like-new appearance with no marks, tears or folds.
You are under no obligation to use this service but if you don’t want to keep your textbooks for reference we’ll be happy to buy them back and give you tuition credit. You can start this program at any time during your course.
Introduction to Computers
• An Overview of Computer Concepts
• Software Applications: User Tools
• The System Unit
• Input and Output
• Data Storage
• Communications and Networks
• The Internet and the WWW
• Operating Systems & System Software
• Object Oriented Programming: Inheritance
• Introduction to Operating Systems
• Computer Security Basics C# Programming
• Desktop Virtualization
• Disk Operating Systems (DOS)
• Windows XP Professional
• Windows Vista and Windows 7
• Under the Windows
• Linux on the Desktop
• Mac OS X on the Desktop
• The Client Side of Networking
Introduction to Web Page Design
• Web Page Development with Hypertext Links
• Designing a Web Page
• Frames and Tables in Web Pages
• Creating Web Page Forms
• Working with Cascading Style Sheets
• Creating a Multimedia Web Page
• Working with Dynamic Page Layout I & II
Introduction to Java Programming
• Intro to Computers, the Internet and WWW
• Intro to Java Applications
• Intro to Classes & Objects
• Control Statements Part 1
• Control Statements Part 2
• Methods: A Deeper Look
• Classes and Objects: A Deeper Look
• Object Oriented Programming: Inheritance
• Programming Files
• OOP and Creating a Simple Application
• Manipulating and Storing Data in Objects
• Program Flow Decisions and Exceptions
• Adding Methods to Objects
• Program Loops
• Introducing C's Program Control Statements
• Arrays and Collections
• User Interface Objects
• Data Files and Persistence
• Inheritance and Polymorphism
End of Lessons Required for Diploma.